Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Hyper-local cultivation: Restaurant integrates aquaponics greenhouse
- Can artificial intelligence do as well as farmers in the future?
- US (WI): 20 hectare greenhouse operation to begin next spring
- Village Farms reports net loss, cannabis production ramps up
- German market demands innovation in cherry plum truss tomatoes
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CAN (QC): Berger $23.5 million to increase capacityBerger has announced an investment of $23.5 million over a three-year period to assure the company’s continued growth and development.
This investment will allow the company to carry out an expansion plan that will include the creation of 55 new jobs, mainly at the head office in St-Modeste, Québec. The goal is to increase Berger’s research and development capacity by building new facilities and acquiring specialized equipment. In addition, implementation of the plan will increase the company’s production capacity, modernize its management systems and consolidate its distribution network.
These initiatives are made possible with the support of Québec’s Ministry of Economy, Science and Innovation in the form of $2.5 million in financial assistance.
“We want to thank the government for believing in our company’s future. My sister and I want to pursue our grandparents’ dream of promoting the development of our region and creating a workplace where people can make a difference and achieve their full potential,” commented Valérie Berger, Co-CEO of Berger Peat Moss.
For more information:
121, 1er Rang, Saint-Modeste (Québec) GOL 3W0
T: 418 862-4462
F: 418 867-3929
Publication date: 2/8/2018
Other news in this sector: