Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Hyper-local cultivation: Restaurant integrates aquaponics greenhouse
- Can artificial intelligence do as well as farmers in the future?
- US (WI): 20 hectare greenhouse operation to begin next spring
- Village Farms reports net loss, cannabis production ramps up
- German market demands innovation in cherry plum truss tomatoes
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"Focus on complete dishes instead of on separate products"How is the Dutch vine tomato represented? ‘We inspire visitors with our live cooking demonstrations, where a range of products, flavours and textures bring out the best in each other,’ says Wim van den Berg.
At the Fruit Logistica, Prominent and Door Partners can be found in Hall 1.2, at stand A16 in the Berlin ExpoCenter.
'Instead of welcoming visitors in a simple stand, our professional kitchen is where we share information about the versatility of our products,’ says Wim. ‘By showing various preparations, our chef highlights the specific character and taste of our products. This goes beyond handing out food samples. We aim to inspire visitors by cooking delicious dishes live at our stand.’
At home too, the kitchen is the place where various products and flavours come together. Consumers do not consider separate ingredients, they imagine complete dishes. When they buy their groceries, a combination of the products lying in their cart will most likely end up at the dinner table; as an oven dish, a healthy soup or a quick pasta.
By inspiring consumers with new recipes and exciting flavour combinations, retailers will ultimately sell more products. ‘Advertising a separate vine tomato may be difficult, but as soon as it is part of a delicious dish, people become intrigued,’ says Wim. ‘It is about painting an appealing picture, one that perfectly fits its target group.’
For more information:
Wim van den Berg
+31 (0)6 5756 4346
Publication date: 2/8/2018
Other news in this sector: