Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (CA): MMJ grower expands acreage to 22,000 sq.ft.Sunset Island Group has been in the process of retro fitting their current greenhouse. The retro fit is two phases, Phase 1 is the retro fit of the current greenhouse operations and Phase 2 is the building of a new greenhouse on the company's bare land or retrofitting another greenhouse on the property.
To date the company has accomplished the following items as part of the retrofit of Phase 1:
- Completed rewiring the greenhouse to provide the additional power needs for the retrofit. This was completed on January 20, 2018.
- Installed 90 LED lights in our grow bays with 120 lights to be installed by February 28, 2018.
- Installed 8 "Sensor Push" atmospheric sensors in the greenhouse. The sensors provide wireless thermometer / hygrometer readings with alerts. The sensors allow the company to monitor the Sensor Push sensors remotely and with the cloud service we can receive current conditions, alerts and the full data history of each grow bay.
- Converted the clone room and operations to a Coco Coir and hydroponics system.
- Begun planting 2 bays with Coco Coir.
- Increase the number of plants in each bay to 1,150 (up from 480 plants).
- Built out new dry rooms.
- Built out new trim rooms.
- Installed 12 cameras in the greenhouse and dry/trim rooms.
- Begun build out of manufacturing room.
- Begun build out of distribution room.
The goal of the retro fit for Phase 1 is to increase the growable space in the current greenhouse to approximately 22,000 (with a vertical grow) with approximately 85% being canopy space (or approximately 19,000 square feet). The company's goal is to yield 0.08-0.10 pounds per growable space and to have 5 harvests.
For Phase Two, the company would ideally begin to retro fit another greenhouse currently located on the property. In September 2017, the company agreed to take over a greenhouse located on the property that is 32,000 square feet. The current leaseholder is finishing his grow operations in the space. The company would ideally retro fit that space in similar manner to the retro fit being completed within our current greenhouse. We expect the budget for the retro fit to be between $1,800,000 and $2,000,000. This would increase our growable canopy space by an additional 50,000 square feet (with a vertical grow). Thereby, giving the company 72,000 square feet of available canopy space. However, the company wants to complete the current retro fit within the 12,000 square foot greenhouse and have completed the investment needed to retro fit the 32,000 square feet prior to absorbing the costs associated with the 32,000 square feet greenhouse. Additionally, the company has been given permission from the land owner to build a new greenhouse on the 9,000 square feet of bare land that it currently leases. The company ideally would like to build the new greenhouse as Phase 3 and add additional canopy space to its operations.
For more information:
Sunset Island Group
Publication date: 2/8/2018
Other news in this sector: