Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
Delphy lighting tests
LED-cultivated raspberries harvestedThe first raspberries, which since November have been able to grow under LED lighting at the Improvement Center Delphy in Bleiswijk, have been harvested. Delphy has started a trial in which both blackberries and raspberries are cultivated under LED lamps to speed up ripening and to increase production.
Cost-effective cultivation concept
The aim is to develop a profitable cultivation concept in which a good quality product is cultivated.
The blackberry and raspberry plants that were planted on November 20, 2017 at the Delphy Improvement Center under LED lighting, are currently in bloom and the fruits are starting to grow considerably. The first ripe raspberries were picked on February 1; earlier than expected. The first blackberries are expected to be harvested in three weeks time.
"It is therefore possible to harvest good quality raspberries from Dutch soil in February. It is fascinating to see how the plants react to the created climate conditions with light, joules and temperature. Over the coming weeks the results of this new cultivation concept will be worked out," the Delphy team informs us.
For more information:
Lisanne Helmus, researcher Improvement Centre Delphy
Tel.: +31 (0)6 21 58 67 30
Willem van Eldik, team Houtig Kleinfruit Delphy
Tel.: +31 (0)6 53 37 45 38
Publication date: 2/12/2018
Other news in this sector: