Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Netherlands: Greenhouse vegetable area vs. number of farmsAccording to the latest data provided by the government statistical service, over the past 16 years the total greenhouse vegetable area in the Netherlands has increased by 17%. However, the total number of greenhouse vegetable farms has decreased by 61%. More area with fewer farms means the farms are now much larger than several years ago.
Taking the current total area, 4894 ha. and dividing by the number of farms, 1327, the average individual farm greenhouse size is now 3.7 ha. As a comparison, in the most current USA census, the average farm size was 0.1 ha. In Canada, this average was 0.6 ha., and in Australia, 1.2 ha. per farm.
Complete detailed data with reference sources is available in the 2018 International Greenhouse Vegetable Statistics publication at: http://www.cuestaroble.com/statistics.htm
Publication date: 2/9/2018
Other news in this sector: