Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
NL: New player on LED market develops their own luminaire
Rofianda, a new player on the LED market from Tilburg in the Netherlands is launching the replacement for their current assimilation lighting for the greenhouse horticulture sector. "Years of research and practical tests have led to a luminaire that meets all the lighting requirements set by greenhouse horticulture," says Jay Mutsaerts. "The luminaire was developed in-house by Rofianda."
In the luminaire, SEOUL led chips are used with a CRI of 97.2 and a CQS of 97. "These values in combination with the used light color of approximately 5400K provide an almost spectral approach to sunlight", Jay explains. "This approximation of sunlight ensures optimum illumination of the plant and the fruits. By applying a (LED) sunlight spectrum, developed by Rofianda, disruption is prevented in the proportions of photoreceptors, so that abnormal growth of the plant no longer occurs. Also a better ratio leads to a healthier plant in the long term."
In addition to the optimization in the spectrum, other important improvements have been implemented in the luminaire. The fixture is IK10 (impact resistant) and IP66 (dust and watertight). This means no fan is needed anymore. The luminaires are also constructed in such a way that they can be easily installed and removed, so that in the summer months no annoying shadow is caused by them. A special advantage is the installed power of 200W or 300W, depending on the used type, which results in a considerable energy saving.
The luminaires will be made dimmable, so that the desired amount of light can be set as required. Rofianda has expertise with multiple lighting control systems. They can also guide you with the settings for the control.
For more information:
T: +31 (0)13-850094
Publication date: 2/14/2018
Other news in this sector: