Job offersmore »
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
- LED strategic account manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Jordan produce exports up 35% last monthThe Kingdom of Jordan's exports of vegetables and fruits amounted to 26.2 tons last month, surging by 35 percent compared to the same month last year, according to Agriculture Minister Khalid Hneifat.
The Minister claimed that soaring exports were a positive sign, despite the political challenges facing external marketing of Jordanian produce as a main source of foreign currency. He also noted that the government's policy in support of the sector had paid off in the past months. Hneifat said that vegetables accounted for 98% of the total exports, and fruits for 2%. Tomato, the main export crop, is in first place at 13,000 tons, or 50% of the total exports, followed by cucumber at 14.7% and lettuce at 13.6%.
According to a petra.gov.jo article, there was a 50% rise in January exports to the Gulf Arab states (the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Kuwait), adding that exports to Qatar had dropped significantly after the closure of the Qatari market in July.
Publication date: 2/8/2018
Other news in this sector: