- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- "Vertical farming sounds fantastic until you consider its energy use"
- "Uniform wetting and rewetting of the plugs"
- US: Record number of Organic Trade Association members vote in Board election
- Flavor drives specialty tomato breeding business
- Strawberry sabotage in Australia has widespread consequences
Top 5 -last week
"44% of Spain runs a great risk of soil erosion"
“Desertification can lead in food production reduction, soil infertility, a decline in the soil’s ability to adapt naturally and its ability to store carbon”, Phil Wynn Owen, member of the ECA, says.
This Court is carrying out an audit of the EU’s strategic framework to check whether the risk of desertification in the EU is being effectively and efficiently combated.
So far, thirteen Member States have declared themselves before the United Nations Convention for Combat Desertification (UNCCD) as affected by desertification: Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Malta, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia and Spain. The auditors will visit five of them (Romania, Cyprus, Italy, Spain and Portugal).
Research indicates that up to 44% of Spain, 33% of Portugal and 20% of Greece are at great risk of soil erosion.
The publication of the report is scheduled for the end of 2018.
Source: agropopular.com / www.agroberichtenbuitenland.nl
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/16/2018 “Picking fresh Dutch blackberries in December”
- 10/15/2018 Agroecology could help feed Europe without pesticides by 2050
- 10/11/2018 "Make growing easier with fewer drawbacks"
- 10/11/2018 UK: Sharing is caring with Next Generation Growing (NGG) techniques
- 10/11/2018 Netherlands: Demonstration fossil-free tomato cultivation begins
- 10/11/2018 Plant Empowerment book officially launched at CGC
- 10/09/2018 Grant recipients to study produce and bee pollination
- 10/03/2018 Turkey: Growers recoup their losses with zucchini production
- 10/01/2018 Imaginative Chinese statue: Rooster made out of peppers and corn
- 10/01/2018 Turkey: Grower in Antalya switches from tomato and pepper to dragon fruit
- 10/01/2018 "Empower your plants and your business"
- 09/27/2018 ‘2018 is one of the hardest growing seasons ever’
- 09/26/2018 US: Fredericton sees giant 1,808-pound pumpkin
- 09/25/2018 Shout-out to the bell pepper
- 09/24/2018 UK: Optimising flavour in parsley and rosemary
- 09/24/2018 Grapes and algae - China's new weapons against desertification
- 09/24/2018 UK: Optimising flavour in mint
- 09/24/2018 Saving the prized chile that grows only in Oaxaca’s mountains
- 09/24/2018 Kim Jong Un presents South Korea with two tons of Pine mushrooms
- 09/21/2018 Growers in autonomous cucumber greenhouse are doing well