Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
"44% of Spain runs a great risk of soil erosion"The European Court of Auditors (ECA) is conducting an audit to check whether the risk of desertification in the EU is being effectively and efficiently combated. Research indicates that up to 44% of Spain runs a great risk of soil erosion.
“Desertification can lead in food production reduction, soil infertility, a decline in the soil’s ability to adapt naturally and its ability to store carbon”, Phil Wynn Owen, member of the ECA, says.
This Court is carrying out an audit of the EU’s strategic framework to check whether the risk of desertification in the EU is being effectively and efficiently combated.
So far, thirteen Member States have declared themselves before the United Nations Convention for Combat Desertification (UNCCD) as affected by desertification: Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Malta, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia and Spain. The auditors will visit five of them (Romania, Cyprus, Italy, Spain and Portugal).
Research indicates that up to 44% of Spain, 33% of Portugal and 20% of Greece are at great risk of soil erosion.
The publication of the report is scheduled for the end of 2018.
Source: agropopular.com / www.agroberichtenbuitenland.nl
Publication date: 2/6/2018
Other news in this sector: