Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
Exchange ratesmore »
US: New beet salsa product hits the shelves
Just when you think you’ve seen all the pioneering ways to present beets, Love Beets have launched a new product, Beet Salsa. Timed with the SuperBowl rapidly approaching, Love Beets have created what they say is a twist on a classic, incorporating fresh green pepper, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro to make a light, spicy beet salsa.
“Beet Salsa has been in the works behind the scenes at Love Beets for some time now. We are excited that it has finally hit the market with the recipe, packaging, and overall execution perfected,” said George Shropshire, General Manager of Love Beets. “It is always delightful to launch an all natural, gluten free, vegan product that gives shoppers and retailers a fresh way to consume our favorite vegetable.”
The salsa goes alongside Love Beets’ other marinated baby beet flavors, as a snacking staple. The pre diced product features a new packaging format, with a peel and reseal tab, allowing consumers to easily open the pack to snack on the salsa, and then reseal it until hitting the fridge again. Love Beets, Beet Salsa is also a versatile substitute for a traditional tomato salsa, and can be enjoyed in a variety of different ways, as a salad or taco topper, scooped with a chip, or as an addition to a fish or rice dish.
“The beet salsa is great for people who enjoy eating beets, who like the flavor, and are more adventurous with their vegetables,” says Daniel Cross, Managing Director of Love Beet’s Production Facility. “Hopefully they're getting to know our products anyway, but the salsa really add something special as an exciting addition to our lineup.”
Love Beets announced that they already have distribution for their newest product. The Beet Salsa can be found in many Whole Foods Markets, Tops Friendly Markets, and also Wegman’s Food Markets. The nutritional snack can be located in the “value added” vegetable/fruit section in these stores. The salsa has only 20 calories per serving, making it a healthy way to receive the nourishment of four different vegetables. The salsa, like the other beet products, promotes heart and liver health, and has been proven to help increase stamina and endurance. Additionally, it has no artificial colors or preservatives and is kosher certified.
“If you're not sold on eating beets, you're not feeling the love, then the salsa is a great place to start.” Daniel Cross further suggests. "It harbors all of the authentic ingredients of salsa, but it's a bolder take on a traditional tomato based variety. Great for the Super Bowl!"
For more information:
+1 (856) 563-4164
Publication date: 2/8/2018
Other news in this sector: