Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Vine-ripened tomatoes are a very neat sales gimmick"
- US: Controlled environment agriculture experiencing rapid growth
- CAN (NB): Extreme flood causes plants in nursery to swim
- New sensors and forecasting algorithms for smart agriculture
- "The reintroduction of industrial hemp is in full swing worldwide"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
To drive kids’ fresh produce consumption
US: Eat brighter! initiative extended through 2021
The eat brighter! initiative, which leverages the strength and influence of the Sesame Street brand and characters to increase fresh produce consumption, has been extended through 2021. Produce Marketing Association (PMA), Partnership For A Healthier America (PHA), and Sesame Workshop (the nonprofit educational organization behind Sesame Street) launched eat brighter! in 2013, featuring characters like Big Bird, Elmo, and Abby Cadabby on produce packaging and store signage to inspire children and families to choose fresh fruits and vegetables.
“We are pleased to continue our partnership with Sesame Workshop and the PHA to extend the eat brighter! movement, which is a key component of PMA’s demand creation activities to grow a healthier world,” said PMA CEO Cathy Burns. “Our members have welcomed this opportunity to serve their customers and consumers in general with delicious, healthful produce as they build produce consumers for life.”
Scores of PMA members have joined the eat brighter! initiative since its inception. Retailers in the United States, Canada and Mexico can participate, as well as suppliers and promotional organizations worldwide that supply those retailers. The initiative has gained national publicity through outreach from the three partners.
“We are excited to extend eat brighter! through 2021 and to continue working with the produce industry to encourage healthy habits for kids and their families,” said Gabriela Arenas, Vice President of North America Licensing for Sesame Workshop.
Affordable for all companies, participants use images of popular Sesame Street characters to appeal to kids age 2–5 and their families and drive produce consumption. Suppliers report sales increases, and retailers and promotion boards have observed eat brighter! materials creating excitement in the produce department.
"We have proven again that making nutritious foods affordable and available is what American families want. We applaud the retailers and distributors participating in the eat brighter! campaign — and your savviness is paying dividends for your bottom line and for children's health," said Nancy E. Roman, President and CEO, Partnership for a Healthier America.
The eat brighter! initiative offers turnkey graphics and marketing materials to make it easy for any fresh produce company to join and succeed.
For more information:
Produce Marketing Association
+1 (302) 781-5852
Publication date: 2/6/2018
Other news in this sector: