Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Vine-ripened tomatoes are a very neat sales gimmick"
- US: Controlled environment agriculture experiencing rapid growth
- CAN (NB): Extreme flood causes plants in nursery to swim
- New sensors and forecasting algorithms for smart agriculture
- "The reintroduction of industrial hemp is in full swing worldwide"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Best greenhouse season of the decade in Almeria
The savings of producers in banks have increased by up to 21% on average following the successful 2016-2017 campaign. The turnover and the results of the companies and cooperatives have also stood above the double digits.
Based on the figures published this week by the consultant Amb-Bnfix, it has been the best season of the last ten years for the Almeria greenhouse sector. The auction companies obtained on average a turnover of 140 million from September to June, compared to the 81 of the previous campaign (72% more).
The net profit to be distributed among professional cooperative partners was 1.9 million Euro, compared to 86,000 Euro in the previous year (more than 2,000% increase). This figure includes the results achieved by CASI, a cooperative that operates in the markets through a mixed system of auction and product handling for its sale at destination.
Cooperatives and agricultural processing companies have enjoyed an average turnover of 86 million Euro, compared to 67 million in the previous year (28% more). These social economy companies obtained a net result of 400,000 Euro, compared to the 365,000 Euro of the previous year (9.5% more).
Publication date: 2/5/2018
Other news in this sector: