Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Vine-ripened tomatoes are a very neat sales gimmick"
- US: Controlled environment agriculture experiencing rapid growth
- CAN (NB): Extreme flood causes plants in nursery to swim
- New sensors and forecasting algorithms for smart agriculture
- "The reintroduction of industrial hemp is in full swing worldwide"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
More organic products for German consumersOrganic is booming: According to GfK, in 2017, 95 percent of all households bought at least one organic product. ALDI has been meeting this demand for more than ten years and has steadily expanded its organic product range over the years. Particularly popular are fresh products such as milk, meat, fruits, vegetables and eggs. In addition to cold cuts, honey or muesli, ALDI also sells chia seeds or wine of organic heritage.
In 2018, the companies will focus even more on organic produce and will be adding more than 60 additional items from various product categories to various ranges. With the ecologically produced products, buying organic products for an entire week’s worth of shopping is always possible and at a price that is affordable for everyone. The range will be expanded step by step in the standard as well as the promotional assortment.
"Organic quality at ALDI should not be a question of your wallet," explains Rolf Buyle, managing director for Central Purchasing at ALDI Nord. "We want to offer our customers a large selection of controlled organic food of the best organic, fresh quality at fair prices." That ALDI is on the right track with this strategy, is also shown by the growing share of sales: According to GfK data, ALDI is the market leader in the sales of organic products.
Products in certified organic range
All organic products are certified and uniformly labeled with the green EU organic label. Thus, they comply with the directives and conditions of the current EC Organic Regulation, that essentially revolves around the renunciation of synthetic, chemical pesticides or artificial fertilizers. For many food retail customers, the organic label is the most important indicator of certified organic quality. ALDI regularly verifies its compliance with the requirements, both by means of internal controls and by independent certification bodies, which goes beyond the statutory requirements.
"We put a lot of emphasis on the sustainable and trustworthy production of our goods, and our controls pay particular attention to their origin and quality," says Phillip Skorning, deputy general manager Quality and Corporate Responsibility at ALDI SOUTH. "With the expansion of our organic range, we make our contribution to environmental and animal welfare, because sustainability and careful use of resources are very important for ALDI." The availability of such a large selection of organic products can only be achieved through close and trusted cooperation with the suppliers and the continuous development of private labels.
Source: Aldi Nord / Aldi Süd
Publication date: 2/2/2018
Other news in this sector: