Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (NY): 475,000 sq.ft. hydroponic greenhouse nears groundbreakingConstruction should begin this spring on a large hydroponic greenhouse at Eastman Business Park where organic leafy greens will be grown year-round.
Clearwater Organic Farms' ground-breaking is tentatively set for April, nearly a year later than originally promised. Company officials and others say extra time was needed to finalize financing and other aspects of the deal.
If all goes as planned, the operation could be up and running by the fall. It will be the largest hydroponic greenhouse growing leafy greens in the country.
The 475,000-square-foot greenhouse will sit on 13 acres at the business park's western edge. Clearwater will lease the site from Lidestri Food & Drink, which has a compound of buildings on adjacent parcels.
The hydroponic greenhouse initially will grow spinach, basil and arugula, Alex Wasilov, the company's chairman, said. Plants will grow in nutrient-rich recirculated water, an approach that Clearwater says is much more efficient than growing in soil.
Read more at the Democrat & Chronicle (Steve Orr)
Publication date: 2/2/2018
Other news in this sector: