Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: NSAC members convene in Washington DC to set 2018 prioritiesLast week, NSAC held its annual Winter Meeting in Washington, DC. This yearís meeting was held at the Kellogg Conference Hotel at Gallaudet University and was generously sponsored by Annieís Homegrown, Clif Bar, Organic Valley, and Patagonia.
Over 100 members representing the majority of NSACís 120 member organizations convened over four days in the nationís capital to discuss the 2018 Farm Bill and NSACís priorities for the coming year. This yearís Winter Meeting also featured an NSAC Lobby Day on Capitol Hill and a 30th anniversary celebration with members, partners, and allies.
NSAC Policy Council Sets Priorities for 2018
Every year, NSACís Policy Council convenes at the Coalitionís Winter Meeting to adopt policy priorities for the coming year. Coalition priorities are collaboratively set by all NSAC members over a multi-month process that begins each fall, but the responsibility falls to the Policy Council to approve the final slate of priorities. This is not an easy task, as there are many important issues related to our food and farming system that need to be addressed in the next farm bill. After hours of deliberation, the Coalition approved priorities for NSACís 2018 farm bill and appropriations work.
Read more at the NSAC website.
Publication date: 2/5/2018
Other news in this sector: