Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
Exchange ratesmore »
US: NSAC members convene in Washington DC to set 2018 prioritiesLast week, NSAC held its annual Winter Meeting in Washington, DC. This yearís meeting was held at the Kellogg Conference Hotel at Gallaudet University and was generously sponsored by Annieís Homegrown, Clif Bar, Organic Valley, and Patagonia.
Over 100 members representing the majority of NSACís 120 member organizations convened over four days in the nationís capital to discuss the 2018 Farm Bill and NSACís priorities for the coming year. This yearís Winter Meeting also featured an NSAC Lobby Day on Capitol Hill and a 30th anniversary celebration with members, partners, and allies.
NSAC Policy Council Sets Priorities for 2018
Every year, NSACís Policy Council convenes at the Coalitionís Winter Meeting to adopt policy priorities for the coming year. Coalition priorities are collaboratively set by all NSAC members over a multi-month process that begins each fall, but the responsibility falls to the Policy Council to approve the final slate of priorities. This is not an easy task, as there are many important issues related to our food and farming system that need to be addressed in the next farm bill. After hours of deliberation, the Coalition approved priorities for NSACís 2018 farm bill and appropriations work.
Read more at the NSAC website.
Publication date: 2/5/2018
Other news in this sector: