Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
Exchange ratesmore »
Euro Pool System exceeds 1 billion tray movements in 2017Producers and retailers have exceeded 1 billion tray movements with Euro Pool System in 2017.
“This milestone of 1 billion tray movements is achieved with all parties in the chain. We are happy to help our partners to drive the efficiency and sustainability of the fresh food supply chain. Choosing for reusable packaging implies a conscious choice for an efficient and sustainable supply chain.” says Gerjo Scheringa, CEO. “We believe that an increasing number of stakeholders will join our pooling formula, reducing the CO2 emission, preventing food waste and creating a better world for the next generation” Gerjo Scheringa concludes.
Each and every day producers, transporters, processing companies and retailers benefit from the advantages of our reusable trays and pallets: “they are strong, always available, stackable, clean, traceable and 100% recyclable”.
Based on the Fraunhofer study titled “The Sustainability of Packaging Systems for Fruit and Vegetable Transport in Europe based on LifeCycle Analysis”, one billion tray movements in 2017 results in:
- 351,000 ton CO2 savings in the fresh supply chain
- 32 ton food waste reduction of fresh fruits and vegetables due to maximal product protection.
For more information:
Euro Pool System
Laan van Vredenoord 8 - NL-2289 DJ Rijswijk
P.O. Box 1887 - NL-2280 DW Rijswijk
T. ++31 (0)70 301 41 41
F. ++31 (0)70 301 41 99
Publication date: 2/2/2018
Other news in this sector: