Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
60 percent of Albanian vegetables destined for EU marketsThe majority of Albania's exports to foreign markets and European Union member states consists of vegetables and other agricultural products, according to a statement by Albania's State Statistical Office last Tuesday.
According to the data from this institute, vegetables are giving a new impetus to the country's export figures. Data also showed that in 2017, Albania's agro-food products reached a total value of 31.4 billion Lek (292.7 million dollars), up by over 5.2 billion Lek compared year-on-year.
Xinhuanet.com featured an article reporting on the Albanian Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development seeing that the progressive growth trend in exports is registering record figures. This is mainly due to the high external demand for Albanian fresh fruits and vegetables, including tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, citrus and more.
Meanwhile, the total volume of Albanian agricultural trade in 2017 amounted to 145.7 billion Lek, registering a growth of 8.2% compared with 2016. The Agriculture Ministry has also approved a fund worth 20 million euros that will be used to subsidise farmers and increase agricultural exports.
Publication date: 2/1/2018
Other news in this sector: