Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
Aquaponics tomatoes "producing fruit like crazy"Stuppy is currently conducting an experiment, with the goal to determine whether the quality and yield of tomatoes grown in their aquaponic system can effectively compete with those grown in a traditional hydroponic system. Both systems use powerful LED fixtures with board spectrums ideal for fruit production.
On 10/20 several tomato seedlings (4 different varieties) were transplanted into the aqua media bed and hydro NFT channels simultaneously. By 11/15 all varieties had produced their first fully developed flowers and on 01/24 the first tomato harvest occurred for both systems.
The four varieties include: Hybrid Cherry (HC), Washington Cherry (WC), Heirloom (H), Determinate (D).
Click here for more information on the experiment and results.
Publication date: 2/6/2018
Other news in this sector: