- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Hydroponic Crop Manager
- Area Manager North-America
- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
February 15-17, Dayton
US: Ohio State organic experts among OEFFA Conference speakers
How to make contaminated soils, sometimes present in cities, healthy for urban farming.
How a new perennial grain could have double uses, as food for people and forage for livestock, and also double benefits, helping soil and water.
Those will be some of the topics when experts from The Ohio State University join the speaker lineup at the Ohio Ecological Food and Farm Association’s (OEFFA) 39th annual conference, Feb. 15-17 at the Dayton Convention Center.
Called Ohio’s largest conference on sustainable food and farming, the event offers nearly 80 hour-and-a-half workshops on organic farming and related topics, including 10 with speakers from Ohio State. One track of workshops is especially for beginning farmers.
About 1,200 people — farmers, gardeners, foodies, green living advocates and others — are expected to attend. The conference theme is “A Taste for Change.”
“For 39 years, the OEFFA conference has been the gathering place for sustainable and organic farmers and, more recently, researchers to share information,” said Carol Goland, executive director of OEFFA. And there’s good reason for the sharing.
Read more at Ohio State University (Kurt Knebusch)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-20 US: Organic Trade Association seeking “big ideas” on voluntary check-off
- 2018-11-15 "More and more Moroccan growers switch because of good demand for organic"
- 2018-10-30 "Market for organic vegetables is nowhere near saturated"
- 2018-10-29 France: Study shows promising health effects of organic diet
- 2018-10-23 CAN (ON): Developing a strategy for better information on organic production
- 2018-10-08 UK: Organic sector calls for much clearer contingency measures as Brexit looms
- 2018-10-04 "Growing organic not always feasible"
- 2018-10-03 Spain: Cybelion receives organic certification
- 2018-09-26 Ukrainian government established 2-level control system for organic products
- 2018-09-21 US: Record number of Organic Trade Association members vote in Board election
- 2018-09-11 Government of Canada celebrates Organic Week
- 2018-09-10 "Congress should support organic farming"
- 2018-08-27 More than $8 million to help strengthen and grow Canada's organic sector
- 2018-08-27 "Organic food exports at mercy of EU discretion after no-deal Brexit"
- 2018-08-24 US: Edible Garden to supply organic leafy greens to national grocery chains
- 2018-08-21 Organic agriculture on the rise in Bulgaria
- 2018-08-08 How does an organic farm create its own organic fertilizer?
- 2018-08-08 US (PA): $500,000 for Rodale Institute to fund organic research
- 2018-07-20 Spain: CASI doubles acreage devoted to organic production
- 2018-07-19 US: Organic labels must be removed from fumigated imports