Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Research call on improving seed systems in Asia and AfricaNWO-WOTRO Science for Global Development, in close collaboration with CGIAR and the Food & Business Knowledge Platform (F&BKP), has launched a call for research proposals which generate insights that contribute to improving “seed” systems in Asia and Sub-Sahara Africa. Applications for pre-proposals can be submitted until April 12, 2018. The deadline for full proposals will be August 30, 2018.
In many LMICs, getting improved seed and animal seed stock of good quality from breeders to smallholder and family farms is challenging. While good improved genetic material may be available in particular public research institutes including the CGIAR institutes and National Agricultural Research Systems (NARS), due to limitations in the seed and animal seed stock value chains and the enabling environment, improved varieties and breeds will often not or not easily be available or accessible for smallholder and family farms in LMICs.
The call for proposals
The call builds on the premise that development of the seed sector may benefit from research collaboration between practitioners and research institutions from CGIAR, the Netherlands and selected partner countries. New insights and innovative solutions may evolve from synthesising academic expertise, farmers’ experiences and knowledge, as well as the practical knowledge of companies and NGOs working within the seed sector and its value chains.
Click here for more information.
Publication date: 2/2/2018
Other news in this sector: