- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- CAN (ON): Minimum wage paused at $14/hour
- Romania: €87.8 million to support financing instrument for farmers
- ”Fresh Business Expo proven to be effective platform for Ukraine's fresh produce industry”
- Checking food with a smartphone thanks to a broadband infrared LED
- SFAEA calls on members to participate in 2018 Horti China
Top 5 -last week
Whole fresh chain united in new UAE green factory
"A unique combination of vertical & horizontal farming in a pesticide-free environment, with our own propagation area. And in addition to that a connected packing facility, which allows us to mix and pack 100% clean mix salads. Non washed and all ready-to-eat."
Unique about this project is how a fresh trade company partners up with the technical suppliers and starts growing themselves. "Together with our business partner GrowGroup, we are bringing technology in vertical and horizontal farming to the next level. In close cooperation with our knowledge partners Philips Lighting, Rijk Zwaan and Delphy. All specialists sharing their unique expertise and knowledge in making this new venture a success."
"The joint objective is to serve the final consumer fresh lettuces and herbs, and completely free from any pesticides or other forms of crop protection. By selecting the tastiest crops, the strongest varieties and establishing clean production, we are able to serve the consumer the best produce within 24 hour after harvest… ready-to-eat." According to Levarht, the products are so clean, they don’t even have to wash them before packing.
Horizontal and vertical farming - Photos by Philips
Sustainability, the future in farming
By creating a completely closed environment in production, using the latest generation of LED lighting, the usage of water and energy can be reduced to a minimum. "We also see a great opportunity in growing close to the stores and final consumer. Local production enables us to reduce mileage and imports. So not only fresher produce on the shelves, but also a step forwards in protecting the environment."
Bringing the best together
According to the Levarht team, this project in the Emirates matches their new pay-off ‘Bringing the best together’ in full. "We have found in each other strong partners, who share the philosophy of not only changing, but especially improving farming techniques and serving the consumer fresher, cleaner and tastier product. Partners sharing their unique expertise… the best example of 'Bringing the best together'."
For more information:
1430 AB Aalsmeer
Tel: +31 (0) 297 386611
Fax: +31 (0) 297 386666
GrowGroup IFS B.V.
2992 EL Barendrecht
tel +31 (0)85 -7500 265 (office)
tel +31 (0)6 - 2322 1646 (mobile Europe)
tel +971 (0)56 - 919 7520 (mobile Middle East)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/18/2018 Lift cart collects data while crop work is done
- 10/18/2018 Russia: 10 ha strawberry greenhouse planned in Elektrostal
- 10/18/2018 Moscow region reaches 100% self-sufficiency with tomatoes and cucumbers
- 10/18/2018 Turkey: Increase in greenhouse banana production in Antalya
- 10/18/2018 "Professional production facilities like greenhouses are a must to be able to export"
- 10/18/2018 US (OH): Great Lakes Growers doubles production capacity to 160,000 sq.ft.
- 10/17/2018 China to build Dutch-inspired high-tech agriculture park
- 10/17/2018 Japan: Education center expands with 1 ha tomato production greenhouse
- 10/16/2018 Russia: 2 ha greenhouse opened in Dagestan
- 10/16/2018 US (CA): Leichtag Foundation gets six gutter-connected greenhouses
- 10/16/2018 Winterproofing the greenhouse
- 10/16/2018 US: California invests $1.5 million in seasonal high tunnels
- 10/16/2018 US: Incentives aid greenhouses and nurseries in implementing energy efficiency practices
- 10/15/2018 Turkey: Decline in agricultural production areas in Kutahya
- 10/15/2018 How to keep greenhouse conditions optimal for plant growth
- 10/15/2018 Japanese pitch "biggest greenhouse in the world"
- 10/12/2018 Russia: Nobody interested in Altai greenhouse complex
- 10/12/2018 Can greenhouse crop production become efficient enough to produce food for the masses?
- 10/12/2018 Self-assembly greenhouse to be launched in USA
- 10/12/2018 The best way to circulate air in a glasshouse