Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
Exchange ratesmore »
Iran: Fruit & vegetable exports up in value, but down in volumeOfficial figures indicate that for Iran, the current fiscal (ending in March) has not been a good year regarding the export of cucumbers and apples. Cucumber exports saw a 32% and 39% decline in value and volume, reaching 82,000 tons, worth $34 million. About 154,000 tons of apples worth $65 million were exported, indicating 5.7% and 26% decline in value and tonnage respectively.
On the plus side, watermelons topped the list of exports in terms of value, earning over $144 million (for 701,000 tons), up 21% in value and down 0.4% in tonnage year on year.
Tomato exports also saw growth in value by 18% as over 346,000 tons of the crop worth $111 million were exported during the eight months. However, in volume it was down 0.5% YOY.
Potato exports generated $89 million (288,000 tons), up by 31% in value and down by 27.4% in tonnage YOY.
From the sector 'agricultural and agro-processing industries', Iran exported $4 billion worth of products during the eight months under review, according to an article featured on en.eghtesadonline.com.
Publication date: 2/1/2018
Other news in this sector: