Job offersmore »
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
- LED strategic account manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CPMA releases statement on NAFTA negotiations
The Canadian Produce Marketing Association (CPMA) said they are satisfied with the progress made during Round 6 of negotiations on the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), which concluded today in Montreal. CPMA applauds Canadian negotiators on their efforts to ensure that the renewed NAFTA protects industry supply chains across the continent, supports growth, and adheres to principles of free and fair trade.
In particular, CPMA said they are optimistic about the Sanitary and Phytosanitary Chapter as well as the biotechnology provisions in the Agriculture Chapter and hopes these will build off of the recent success of the Comprehensive and Progressive Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP). Given how developed all three NAFTA nations are, these negotiations provide a unique opportunity to establish a new world-class standard in trade agreements for both of these areas.
“We have been working closely with Canadian negotiators and industry partners throughout Round 6 and remain committed to achieving a win-win-win outcome for all three countries,” said CPMA President Ron Lemaire. “As we prepare for Round 7 in Mexico, CPMA will continue to support the negotiating process to help achieve the best outcome for the fresh produce industry, especially on key issues such as the seasonal trade remedy proposal, dispute settlement, and the sunset clause.”
CPMA will continue to share information with members as it becomes publicly available.
For more information:
Canadian Produce Marketing Association
Tel: +1 (613) 226-4187
Publication date: 1/31/2018
Other news in this sector: