Job offersmore »
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
- LED strategic account manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CAN (ON): Double Diamond on changing to cannabis productionDouble Diamond has entered into a joint venture with Leamington’s Aphria, one of Canada’s biggest — and rapidly expanding — growers of medical marijuana. The new company, GrowCo, is 51-per-cent owned by Aphria, which provides the refit capital and know-how, while Double Diamond, which owns the other 49 per cent, “provides the talent and the labour,” said Aphria CEO Vic Neufeld.
GrowCo’s 1.3-million square feet in greenhouse growing space means capacity for about 120,000 kilograms of cannabis per year. The expansion work currently underway at Aphria’s existing campus on Talbot Road west of the downtown is expected to give the company a million square feet of indoor growing space by August, capable of annual harvests of 100,000 kg of cannabis, said Neufeld.
Neufeld expects the Aphria workforce could expand to 400 employees by August. Once approved by Health Canada and fully operational, he said GrowCo could employ another 400 people at its own Leamington location.
Read more at the Windsor Star (Doug Schmidt)
Publication date: 1/31/2018
Other news in this sector: