- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
- International Business student looking for an internship
- Responsable des cultures en pleine terre pour le nord de la France - Northern France
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Japan: Signify signs horticulture LED partnership agreement with Seiwa
- Small cardboard trays and punnets for sustainable packaging, transport and presentation
- Horticulture initiative focuses on nutrients: "Healthy food makes you feel better"
- How France uses its land
- Dutch supplier Benfried to expand
Indoor Farms of America upgrades container farm design
"We received feedback over the past two years from folks all over the world wanting container farms that were not limited in scope to growing leaf lettuce or basil," says David Martin, CEO of Indoor Farms of America. "Now you can have our superior aeroponic farms and grow 3 crop types at the same time, and grow more by a large margin than anything else promoted in a container farm."
The 2018 GrowTruck Model 8590 Aeroponic Farm
The Model 8590 is based on a 53 foot semi trailer platform, and the first of its kind is under construction and headed to an extreme climate in the Northwest Territory of Canada. "This farm is more highly engineered and built to perform and withstand outside temperatures of 40 below zero, and our team is really excited for the folks that will eat the fresh produce from it, that have never in their lives experienced truly fresh things, and definitely have never seen it grown locally as they will now," explained Martin.
In a 40 foot container version, which is called the Model 6160, the company sees applications in aiding food deserts in any location of the world, particularly where a farm may need to be completely off-grid, which can be done now.
Indoor Farms of America Butter Lettuce Wall
Ron Evans, President of Indoor Farms of America, says: "These are really fun farms for the farmer, and expand what a farmer can offer customers. Grow beautiful butter lettuce, along with strawberries, basil and other herbs, and a bounty of microgreens, all from one farm in a small space. There is nothing else like it in the world, and nothing that comes close in growing capacity."
Indoor Farms of America has a showroom with demonstration farms operating in Las Vegas, Nevada and in multiple locations in Canada, and in South Africa, where their vertical aeroponic equipment is on display.
The company has its equipment on display February 5th and 6th at the Global Forum for Innovations in Agriculture, in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
For more information:
Indoor Farms of America
4020 W. Ali Baba Lane Suite B
Las Vegas, NV 89118
Phone (888) 603-7866
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 02/28/2018 Birmingham exhibition Packaging Innovations started today
- 02/27/2018 Ethiopia: HortiFlora Expo 2018 cancelled
- 02/26/2018 China: Which exhibitions to attend in 2018?
- 02/23/2018 "Minimal labor needed for new tomato"
- 02/22/2018 US (OH): CropKing welcomes 5-Day Intensive Workshop participants
- 02/21/2018 "NL: "Cucumber variety Sumapol is the new standard"
- 02/20/2018 Australia: BerryQuest explores industry solutions
- 02/19/2018 HortiContact about to kick off in Netherlands
- 02/16/2018 Adora tomato takes silver at Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards
- 02/15/2018 Special exhibition at Biofach for plant breeding
- 02/14/2018 19th China International Fertilizer Show coming up
- 02/13/2018 Nelson and Pade co-founder to speak at Seeds and Chips
- 02/12/2018 Evergreen Farm wins GFIA award
- 02/09/2018 "HortiFlora Expo Ethiopia much more diversified this year"
- 02/08/2018 Spanish company launches tomato specialty varieties
- 02/07/2018 Meet & Greet with Masterchef and General Practitioner
- 02/06/2018 Indoor Farms of America upgrades container farm design
- 02/05/2018 Italy: Orticoltura tecnica in campo event
- 02/05/2018 Ethiopia present for the first time at Fruit Logistica
- 02/02/2018 Meet the Westland Team at Fruit Logistica