Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
Exchange ratesmore »
Indoor Farms of America upgrades container farm designIndoor Farms of America has developed new models of its containerized farms for 2018.
"We received feedback over the past two years from folks all over the world wanting container farms that were not limited in scope to growing leaf lettuce or basil," says David Martin, CEO of Indoor Farms of America. "Now you can have our superior aeroponic farms and grow 3 crop types at the same time, and grow more by a large margin than anything else promoted in a container farm."
The 2018 GrowTruck Model 8590 Aeroponic Farm
The Model 8590 is based on a 53 foot semi trailer platform, and the first of its kind is under construction and headed to an extreme climate in the Northwest Territory of Canada. "This farm is more highly engineered and built to perform and withstand outside temperatures of 40 below zero, and our team is really excited for the folks that will eat the fresh produce from it, that have never in their lives experienced truly fresh things, and definitely have never seen it grown locally as they will now," explained Martin.
In a 40 foot container version, which is called the Model 6160, the company sees applications in aiding food deserts in any location of the world, particularly where a farm may need to be completely off-grid, which can be done now.
Indoor Farms of America Butter Lettuce Wall
Ron Evans, President of Indoor Farms of America, says: "These are really fun farms for the farmer, and expand what a farmer can offer customers. Grow beautiful butter lettuce, along with strawberries, basil and other herbs, and a bounty of microgreens, all from one farm in a small space. There is nothing else like it in the world, and nothing that comes close in growing capacity."
Indoor Farms of America has a showroom with demonstration farms operating in Las Vegas, Nevada and in multiple locations in Canada, and in South Africa, where their vertical aeroponic equipment is on display.
The company has its equipment on display February 5th and 6th at the Global Forum for Innovations in Agriculture, in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
For more information:
Indoor Farms of America
4020 W. Ali Baba Lane Suite B
Las Vegas, NV 89118
Phone (888) 603-7866
Publication date: 2/6/2018
Other news in this sector: