Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Vine-ripened tomatoes are a very neat sales gimmick"
- US: Controlled environment agriculture experiencing rapid growth
- CAN (NB): Extreme flood causes plants in nursery to swim
- New sensors and forecasting algorithms for smart agriculture
- "The reintroduction of industrial hemp is in full swing worldwide"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Indoor Farms of America upgrades container farm designIndoor Farms of America has developed new models of its containerized farms for 2018.
"We received feedback over the past two years from folks all over the world wanting container farms that were not limited in scope to growing leaf lettuce or basil," says David Martin, CEO of Indoor Farms of America. "Now you can have our superior aeroponic farms and grow 3 crop types at the same time, and grow more by a large margin than anything else promoted in a container farm."
The 2018 GrowTruck Model 8590 Aeroponic Farm
The Model 8590 is based on a 53 foot semi trailer platform, and the first of its kind is under construction and headed to an extreme climate in the Northwest Territory of Canada. "This farm is more highly engineered and built to perform and withstand outside temperatures of 40 below zero, and our team is really excited for the folks that will eat the fresh produce from it, that have never in their lives experienced truly fresh things, and definitely have never seen it grown locally as they will now," explained Martin.
In a 40 foot container version, which is called the Model 6160, the company sees applications in aiding food deserts in any location of the world, particularly where a farm may need to be completely off-grid, which can be done now.
Indoor Farms of America Butter Lettuce Wall
Ron Evans, President of Indoor Farms of America, says: "These are really fun farms for the farmer, and expand what a farmer can offer customers. Grow beautiful butter lettuce, along with strawberries, basil and other herbs, and a bounty of microgreens, all from one farm in a small space. There is nothing else like it in the world, and nothing that comes close in growing capacity."
Indoor Farms of America has a showroom with demonstration farms operating in Las Vegas, Nevada and in multiple locations in Canada, and in South Africa, where their vertical aeroponic equipment is on display.
The company has its equipment on display February 5th and 6th at the Global Forum for Innovations in Agriculture, in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
For more information:
Indoor Farms of America
4020 W. Ali Baba Lane Suite B
Las Vegas, NV 89118
Phone (888) 603-7866
Publication date: 2/6/2018
Other news in this sector: