- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Bill approved to standardise organics in Russia
According to Sergei Korshunov, Chairman of the Board for the Union of Organic Agriculture; "The law on organic farming will allow conscientious agricultural producers to distance themselves from falsification and give more assurance to consumers that they are buying quality organic products. This move also helps us come one step closer to becoming the largest producer and exporter of organic products in the world."
A lack of suitable land is something that has been a challenge for the growth of organic production in other parts of the world, but this is not the case for Russia. According to Evromonitor, more than 20 million hectares of land have not received agrochemicals for more than 3 years and may be suitable for introduction into circulation as organic.
According to the Union of Organic Agriculture, there are now about 70 certified agricultural producers in Russia. Of these, 39 in the field of crop production, 9 in livestock, and 3 produce wild plants. Current organic production spans approximately 246,000 hectares and is worth USD $120 mln. Organic producers who follow the farm to fork model, have been seeing good returns.
Currently, more than 90% of the certified organic products in Russia are imported.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/08/2018 UK: Organic sector calls for much clearer contingency measures as Brexit looms
- 10/04/2018 "Growing organic not always feasible"
- 10/03/2018 Spain: Cybelion receives organic certification
- 09/26/2018 Ukrainian government established 2-level control system for organic products
- 09/21/2018 US: Record number of Organic Trade Association members vote in Board election
- 09/11/2018 Government of Canada celebrates Organic Week
- 09/10/2018 "Congress should support organic farming"
- 08/27/2018 More than $8 million to help strengthen and grow Canada's organic sector
- 08/27/2018 "Organic food exports at mercy of EU discretion after no-deal Brexit"
- 08/24/2018 US: Edible Garden to supply organic leafy greens to national grocery chains
- 08/21/2018 Organic agriculture on the rise in Bulgaria
- 08/08/2018 How does an organic farm create its own organic fertilizer?
- 08/08/2018 US (PA): $500,000 for Rodale Institute to fund organic research
- 07/20/2018 Spain: CASI doubles acreage devoted to organic production
- 07/19/2018 US: Organic labels must be removed from fumigated imports
- 07/13/2018 "Conversations about organic must change"
- 07/12/2018 Austria: Organic cucumber rarities sold exclusively by Merkur
- 07/12/2018 US: Scholarship fund supports next generation of organic farmers
- 07/10/2018 US (ME): MOFGA welcomes new executive director Sarah Alexander
- 07/06/2018 US: Ocean Mist Farms announces increase in organic vegetable acreage