Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
Exchange ratesmore »
Greenyard CEO steps downGreenyard announced the appointment of current Greenyard Executive Chairman Hein Deprez as CEO of Greenyard, replacing Marleen Vaesen in this position. Carl Peeters, the current CFO of Greenyard, will be appointed COO, a new function. Hein Deprez and Carl Peeters are to jointly lead the Greenyard leadership team, steering the company for further growth. The search for a new CFO has started.
After 5 years, Marleen Vaesen will leave Greenyard by mutual consent on January 31, 2018. She became CEO of Greenyard Foods in 2012. After the merger in 2015, she took the helm at the enlarged company. She was responsible for building the structure of the future, aligning the 3 entities and bringing new people on board.
After these accomplishments it is time to bring Greenyard to the next level. Next to the new appointments of CEO, COO and CFO, Greenyard is strengthening its organisation at the business segment level. Within Fresh, Tim Van Londersele will lead all Fresh operations except the Greenyard Bakker operation, which will be managed by Irénke Meekma. Long Fresh will be steered by Charles-Henri Deprez. Stefaan Vandaele will continue to lead the Horticulture segment.
Hein Deprez will step down as Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors but remains member of the Board of Greenyard. Koen Hoffman, member of the Board since October 4, 2017, will take on the role of Chairman. Charles-Henri Deprez will resign from the Board to concentrate on his new role and will be replaced by Valentine Deprez. She will be co-opted as Board member with her nomination to be submitted for approval at the next AGM.
Hein Deprez commented: ‘I would like to thank Marleen for her valuable contribution by transforming Greenyard into today’s modern, strong company. We wish her the very best in her future endeavours. After this initial transformation period following the merger, the announced management changes are a next step to further execute our strategy. By doing so, we will focus even more on our strategy and priorities to continue generating profitable growth and strengthening our global leadership position in fruit and vegetables.’
Greenyard will pay Marleen Vaesen a severance pay in line with her remuneration in 2016-2017 as stipulated in the annual report.
Tel: +32 15 32 42 96
Publication date: 1/31/2018
Other news in this sector: