- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- "One-bite is a healthy, convenient alternative when hunger pangs strike"
- Iran turns to Turkey for assistance in greenhouse development
- CAN (ON): DelFrescoPure announces partnership with CubicFarms
- Application Pro Manager Mastercourse Vegetables in full swing
- De Ruiter Experience Center welcomes 2018th visitor of 2018
Portugal: Increased popularity for ready to eat salads
Vitacress has its own business unit in Portugal, including their own farms and factory. “In 2017 our Turnover grew 19%, far above the overall market performance that has grown 10.5%. Most of our growth is the result of the ready to eat segment, the salad bowls segment and as well the vegetables snack line, which we launched during Web Summit Conference. Our snack range was available at Speakers lounge and we have a stall on the food court of the conference. This includes products such as cherry tomatoes, baby radish and baby carrots. We are proud to say that McDonalds Portugal has our baby carrot snack packaging in their assortment. It’s mostly sold as part of the Happy Meal, in order to introduce vegetable snacks at an early age of the children.
"Our brand is also present on Spanish market, where we have built a strong position through our Organic range of bagged salads. Organic is another promising trend not only is Spain but also in Portugal. A good signal of this new trend is the strong investment of all retailers not only dedicating more space to organic products but also opening new stores that are exclusively offering organic food. We foresee a faster growth of this trend in the coming years."
“Fruit Logistica in Berlin is always a good moment to interact with our export customers and show our brand to other potential international customers. Obviously, our ready to eat salads can´t be exported outside Portugal and Spain. The shelf life is too short for that. However, we export washed and packed vegetables to, for example the more Northern region of Europe. Countries that we export to are for example Norway, Poland, Switzerland, Denmark, the Netherlands and more”, concludes Fradeira.
You can visit Vitacress Portugal at the Fruit Logistica in hall 5.2 at stand C-12.
For more information:
T: (+351) 283 320 500
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 02/28/2018 Birmingham exhibition Packaging Innovations started today
- 02/27/2018 Ethiopia: HortiFlora Expo 2018 cancelled
- 02/26/2018 China: Which exhibitions to attend in 2018?
- 02/23/2018 "Minimal labor needed for new tomato"
- 02/22/2018 US (OH): CropKing welcomes 5-Day Intensive Workshop participants
- 02/21/2018 "NL: "Cucumber variety Sumapol is the new standard"
- 02/20/2018 Australia: BerryQuest explores industry solutions
- 02/19/2018 HortiContact about to kick off in Netherlands
- 02/16/2018 Adora tomato takes silver at Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards
- 02/15/2018 Special exhibition at Biofach for plant breeding
- 02/14/2018 19th China International Fertilizer Show coming up
- 02/13/2018 Nelson and Pade co-founder to speak at Seeds and Chips
- 02/12/2018 Evergreen Farm wins GFIA award
- 02/09/2018 "HortiFlora Expo Ethiopia much more diversified this year"
- 02/08/2018 Spanish company launches tomato specialty varieties
- 02/07/2018 Meet & Greet with Masterchef and General Practitioner
- 02/06/2018 Indoor Farms of America upgrades container farm design
- 02/05/2018 Italy: Orticoltura tecnica in campo event
- 02/05/2018 Ethiopia present for the first time at Fruit Logistica
- 02/02/2018 Meet the Westland Team at Fruit Logistica