- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Hydroponic Crop Manager
- Area Manager North-America
- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
- Australia: Applethorpe research facility bears fruit for farmers
- "CGMMV is very stable and can survive for long periods"
- Can marijuana save this Maori town in New Zealand?
- "Will the Westland still have horticulture in twenty years' time?"
- "HortEx Vietnam 2019 floor plan already more than 80% filled"
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Access to Seeds launches second Index
- Life support system greenhouses to be launched to space
- “Prices of cucumbers and iceberg lettuce rising, minimum prices for green bell pepper”
- US: Growers report good results with new bioinsecticide
- New Zealand: Asparagus grower branches into strawberries to shore up staff
US (VA): Students help tobacco farmers transition to hydroponics
Dr. Tim Durham, an assistant professor of agronomy, says the greenhouse has already completed its first growing cycle, which started in the fall.
Not only is produce being grown on the Ferrum College campus, but it's being used there as well. The first crop of romaine and bibb lettuce was sold to the campus dining hall, supplying about 75 percent of the on-campus demand.
The facility is funded through a Tobacco Commission grant with matching funds provided by the college.
Durham says the goal is to offer up a profitable alternative revenue stream for farmers who are looking to transition out of tobacco. He says the potential to grow other produce year-round could be a big money maker for farmers who have historically used more traditional farming techniques.
Read more at WSLS (Erin Brookshier)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-20 UK: Jones Food Company to start first harvest
- 2018-11-20 "Sustainable vertical farming found to reduce CO2 outputs by 70% over other agricultural methods"
- 2018-11-16 Life support system greenhouses to be launched to space
- 2018-11-14 Video: Multilayer strawberry indoor farming system in action
- 2018-11-14 NL: University of applied sciences controls LED on micromoles with Spectrometer
- 2018-11-13 How LED lighting influences crops
- 2018-11-12 Infarm expands ‘in-store farming’ to Paris
- 2018-11-09 US (NJ): Exploring the ethos of sustainability at Princeton
- 2018-11-08 US (CA): Nonprofit opens aquaponics greenhouse
- 2018-11-05 Indoor mushroom farms light up New York restaurants
- 2018-11-02 Children invited to join Antarctic vegetable mission
- 2018-11-02 Eating your lettuce straight from the farm
- 2018-11-02 Ikea invests in home farming company
- 2018-11-01 US (WI): Hydroponics program growing in Menasha schools
- 2018-11-01 US (NY): Mentors push gardens over gangs for Long Island children
- 2018-10-31 UK: Academics looking to take farming underground
- 2018-10-29 Tackling the food crisis with a borderless collaboration
- 2018-10-26 South Korea: Tunnel growers spoil plants with high tech and music
- 2018-10-25 US (NH): UNH opens aquaponic greenhouse facility to support sustainable agriculture
- 2018-10-24 Botswana: Government throws weight behind hydroponics project