Job offersmore »
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Iran: Greenhouse expansion on trackOver 1,000 hectares of greenhouses have been established across Iran since the beginning of the current fiscal year that ends in March, says the head of the Ministry of Agriculture’s Greenhouse, Medicinal Plants and Edible Mushroom Affairs Bureau, Gholamreza Taqavi, adding that an additional 350 hectares are expected to come on stream by the yearend.
“Close to 30 trillion rials ($665 million) worth of investment were made in these projects,” the official was quoted by IRNA as saying.
The area under greenhouse cultivation presently spans 12,157 hectares, which is 38% more compared to when President Hassan Rouhani took office in 2013, Valiollah Bani-Ameri, head of the Greenhouse Expansion Project undertaken by the Ministry of Agriculture said in November.
He said the ministry plans to increase the area to more than 48,000 hectares by 2025. According to Bani-Ameri, the ministry expects to produce 21 million tons of agricultural products via greenhouses per year.
Read more at the Financial Tribune
Publication date: 1/29/2018
Other news in this sector: