Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
Iran: Greenhouse expansion on trackOver 1,000 hectares of greenhouses have been established across Iran since the beginning of the current fiscal year that ends in March, says the head of the Ministry of Agriculture’s Greenhouse, Medicinal Plants and Edible Mushroom Affairs Bureau, Gholamreza Taqavi, adding that an additional 350 hectares are expected to come on stream by the yearend.
“Close to 30 trillion rials ($665 million) worth of investment were made in these projects,” the official was quoted by IRNA as saying.
The area under greenhouse cultivation presently spans 12,157 hectares, which is 38% more compared to when President Hassan Rouhani took office in 2013, Valiollah Bani-Ameri, head of the Greenhouse Expansion Project undertaken by the Ministry of Agriculture said in November.
He said the ministry plans to increase the area to more than 48,000 hectares by 2025. According to Bani-Ameri, the ministry expects to produce 21 million tons of agricultural products via greenhouses per year.
Read more at the Financial Tribune
Publication date: 1/29/2018
Other news in this sector: