Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Egypt: Agriculture Ministry launches rooftop farming initiativeThe Ministry of Agriculture and Land Reclamation has launched a national initiative to cultivate the roofs of various buildings and establishments through new and innovative models of integrated production.
The main balcony of the ministry’s General Directorate in Dokki was cultivated with aromatic plants and vegetables to initiate the nationwide model.
The ministry’s initiation saw peppermint, celery, basil, lettuce, spinach, and kale, among others, planted on the Dokki building without any pesticides or fertilizers.
Agriculture Minister Abdel Moneim al-Banna said that the ministry, which is represented in the Agricultural Research Center, will provide technical support and advice to all those wishing to implement such models, whether governmental or private institutions or individuals.
Read more at Egypt Independent (Al-Masry Al-Youm)
Publication date: 2/1/2018
Other news in this sector: