Job offersmore »
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
Egypt: Agriculture Ministry launches rooftop farming initiativeThe Ministry of Agriculture and Land Reclamation has launched a national initiative to cultivate the roofs of various buildings and establishments through new and innovative models of integrated production.
The main balcony of the ministry’s General Directorate in Dokki was cultivated with aromatic plants and vegetables to initiate the nationwide model.
The ministry’s initiation saw peppermint, celery, basil, lettuce, spinach, and kale, among others, planted on the Dokki building without any pesticides or fertilizers.
Agriculture Minister Abdel Moneim al-Banna said that the ministry, which is represented in the Agricultural Research Center, will provide technical support and advice to all those wishing to implement such models, whether governmental or private institutions or individuals.
Read more at Egypt Independent (Al-Masry Al-Youm)
Publication date: 2/1/2018
Other news in this sector: