Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Solomon Islands: NZ seasonal worker recruiters intimidatedThe Recognised Seasonal Employer Scheme will bring in 11,000 Pacific workers for the New Zealand horticulture and viticulture industries.
But one RSE contractor, who recruits on the islands, says tensions are mounting. His work in the Solomon Islands as of late has been plagued by intimidation and extortion attempts, particularly in Honiara. Even government officials pressure him to recruit family members.
The Solomon Islands High Commissioner in New Zealand, Joy Kere, says her government has taken note. While playing down the level of threat to recruiters, she says the government is taking measures to ensure they are protected by the local Labour Mobility Unit.
According to an article by radionz.co, 600 Solomon Islanders are employed under the RSE this year; reliable workers who come from a context of poverty and lack of opportunity.
Publication date: 1/31/2018
Other news in this sector: