Job offersmore »
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Azerbaijan: New varieties of lemon & strawberry to be developedStudies are underway to create new varieties of tea and lemon in the Lankaran-Astara region of Azerbaijan, with favourable soil and climatic conditions. The main task set before the Azerbaijani scientists is the creation of tea varieties and bushes in the peculiar soil and climatic conditions of the this region and their transfer to farms.
Regarding strawberries, interest in growing these in greenhouses compared to open areas has increased in Jalilabad. By growing the fruits faster, farmers earn more revenue.
According to azernews.az, the Lankaran-Astara zone, aside from being an attractive travel destination for tourists, is also famous for its flavoured teas and citrus fruits, including mandarins, orange, feijoa and lemon.
Publication date: 2/6/2018
Other news in this sector: