- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Supporting development of Norwegian fruit and vegetables
- Fresh produce sent via air freight becoming more popular
- "New responses to the way we grow food are a must to respond to the challenges of the future."
- Designing aquaponic systems for the developing world
- Cannabis Research Center opens in Switzerland
Top 5 -last week
South Holland invests in high-tech horticulture
The 4 projects bring entrepreneurs from varying industries together. By using each other's knowledge, applications are created that help the transition to a new economy. An economy in which technologies such as big data, 3D-printing, sensor technology and robotics play a part. The 47 enterprises use these technologies in these four projects.
On Monday 15 January 2018, during a working visit to The Green Village in Delft, State Secretary Mona Keijzer (Economic Affairs and Climate), regional minister Adri Bom-Lemstra (South Holland) and MRDH-board member Maarten Struijvenberg presented the financial support.
The Ministry of EA&C, the Province and the 23 municipalities in the Metropole region each in their own way take significant steps to stimulate the innovative SME in the region. This joint financial support becomes available via a regional variety of the Innovation Performance Contracts, a national scheme of the Ministry, that supports joint innovation projects of ten to twenty businesses. This is the first time that this scheme has been applied to the strength and ambitions in one region. South Holland has many innovative businesses that can strengthen themselves and the region by cooperating and preparing the region for the future.
Field labs as test environment
The 4 projects can use the expertise of the so-called field labs in South Holland. Those are workplaces where businesses and knowledge institutions develop, test and demonstrate new technologies in practical situations. The knowledge and facilities of these field labs support entrepreneurs in their innovation ambitions and ensure that they are sooner able to take their products and services to the market.
The awarding of the subsidies was announced in The Green Village, a test garden and field lab for sustainable innovations on the campus of the TU Delft, where, among other things, circular test houses have been built for students. Other examples of ‘Smart Industry’ field labs in South Holland are the Duurzaamheidsfabriek and the RAMLAB, a 3D-printer that manufactures spare parts for ships. This connection between entrepreneurs and the field labs contributes to a new economic perspective.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 Growers in Morocco and Spain moving away from tomatoes
- 10/19/2018 Florence squeezes supplies of eggplant
- 10/19/2018 No more EU fruit pickers for the UK
- 10/19/2018 US (GA): Michael deals $480 million blow to vegetable growers
- 10/18/2018 NL: Production acreage seeds and propagation material reaches record high
- 10/18/2018 Vegetable growers warn of possible shortages in new year
- 10/18/2018 "Strong market position for greenhouse horticulture with resilient vegetables"
- 10/18/2018 "Tropical storm Leslie does not cause damage to Spanish open field cultivation"
- 10/17/2018 Turkey: Decline in agricultural production areas in Kutahya
- 10/17/2018 Australian dollar dropping to lowest levels in two years
- 10/17/2018 Qatar: How the blockade has boosted food production
- 10/17/2018 US: Most agricultural commodities neutral to profitable
- 10/17/2018 Australia: Mother Nature knocks down Queensland fruit farmers again
- 10/17/2018 'Germany dominating cucumber market, more so than The Netherlands'
- 10/17/2018 Asian vegetable trial to determine market & production viability in Texas
- 10/17/2018 Price of Chinese greenhouse tomatoes increases as open-field tomato production season ends
- 10/16/2018 "Expansion in Spanish peppers and eggplants"
- 10/16/2018 Poland: Drought subsidies made available for farmers
- 10/16/2018 Production thins on imported calabaza
- 10/16/2018 China: Peppers in abundance