Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
GFI grant supports aquaponics system in HaitiThe Global Food Initiative (GFI) of the Church of the Brethren has made several grants in recent months. The grants support a Going to the Garden retreat, an aquaponics system in Haiti, two community gardens in Spain, and a feeding ministry in Mexico.
An allocation of $4,892.50 funds the set-up and development of an aquaponics system at the Church of the Brethren guesthouse in Haiti. The system, requested by the community development staff of Eglise des Freres Haitiens (the Church of the Brethren in Haiti) is a prototype and will be replicated, in time, in other parts of Haiti in conjunction with the Haiti Medical Project.
This demonstration model is based on working models designed and constructed by David Young in New Orleans, La., and Lybrook, N.M., which also have been funded by the GFI. The project is a three-way cooperation between Eglise des Freres Haitiens, Capstone 118, and the Global Food Initiative. Added technical support is provided by Peter Barlow of Montezuma Church of the Brethren in Virginia, and Harris Trobman, a project specialist in green infrastructure with the University of the District of Columbia.
For more information:
Publication date: 1/29/2018
Other news in this sector: