Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
Exchange ratesmore »
New GrowWise Control System
"More flexibility and control for LED cultivation"Philips Lighting announced the introduction of the GrowWise Control System which allows growers and researchers to easily create and run custom LED light recipes to meet the needs of specific crops to improve quality, productivity and efficiency. The control system has been developed to work with the GreenPower LED production module “Dynamic”. It can be used as standalone system or integrated into a climate or logistic computer system.
Custom light recipes to meet specific needs
“This is our first step towards digitization of Horti LED lighting systems,” said Udo van Slooten, Business Leader Horticulture at Philips Lighting. “The GrowWise Control System is the hardware platform that will allow us to build digital lighting control in the future. This will replace our current analog research systems.”
More control over every plant
A Philips Lighting light recipe provides the settings for the light spectrum, intensity, illumination moment, uniformity and positioning. The GrowWise Control System allows growers to create their own time-based recipes. Using a recipe, a grower can steer specific plant characteristics, from compactness, color intensity and branch development to flowering and more to improve results. With the GrowWise Control System, growers can give all the plants in their facility exactly what they need when they need it with just one LED system to enhance cultivation.
The GrowWise Control System controls 4 LED color spectra: Deep Red, Blue, White, and Far Red as well as the light duration and intensity. The system is easily updatable and has a maintainable digital system, making it future proof. The GrowWise Control System will be initially launched in Western Europe to work with the production module Dynamic.
For more information:
Publication date: 2/1/2018
Other news in this sector: