Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Vine-ripened tomatoes are a very neat sales gimmick"
- US: Controlled environment agriculture experiencing rapid growth
- CAN (NB): Extreme flood causes plants in nursery to swim
- New sensors and forecasting algorithms for smart agriculture
- "The reintroduction of industrial hemp is in full swing worldwide"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New GrowWise Control System
"More flexibility and control for LED cultivation"Philips Lighting announced the introduction of the GrowWise Control System which allows growers and researchers to easily create and run custom LED light recipes to meet the needs of specific crops to improve quality, productivity and efficiency. The control system has been developed to work with the GreenPower LED production module “Dynamic”. It can be used as standalone system or integrated into a climate or logistic computer system.
Custom light recipes to meet specific needs
“This is our first step towards digitization of Horti LED lighting systems,” said Udo van Slooten, Business Leader Horticulture at Philips Lighting. “The GrowWise Control System is the hardware platform that will allow us to build digital lighting control in the future. This will replace our current analog research systems.”
More control over every plant
A Philips Lighting light recipe provides the settings for the light spectrum, intensity, illumination moment, uniformity and positioning. The GrowWise Control System allows growers to create their own time-based recipes. Using a recipe, a grower can steer specific plant characteristics, from compactness, color intensity and branch development to flowering and more to improve results. With the GrowWise Control System, growers can give all the plants in their facility exactly what they need when they need it with just one LED system to enhance cultivation.
The GrowWise Control System controls 4 LED color spectra: Deep Red, Blue, White, and Far Red as well as the light duration and intensity. The system is easily updatable and has a maintainable digital system, making it future proof. The GrowWise Control System will be initially launched in Western Europe to work with the production module Dynamic.
For more information:
Publication date: 2/1/2018
Other news in this sector: