Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
Exchange ratesmore »
California Certified Organic Farmers Foundation receives $50,000 donation
The Organic Produce Network (OPN) and the CCOF Foundation are pleased to announce OPNís $50,000 donation to the CCOF Foundation. OPN presented the gift at the CCOF Foundationís We Are Organic dinner at the inaugural Organic Grower Summit on December 13 in Monterey, California.
The highlight of the dinner was OPNís presentation of their donation to the foundation. ďThe Organic Produce Networkís generous gift to the CCOF Foundation will enable us to continue supporting organic farmers, students and teachers of organic, and organic producers in need,Ē said CCOF Executive Director/CEO Cathy Calfo. ďWe extend our tremendous gratitude to Tonya Antle, Matt Seeley, and the entire OPN team for their support.Ē
OPNís donation will support the CCOF Foundationís programs that invest in new organic farmers and businesses and build consumer demand for organic:
- The Future Organic Farmer Grant Fund distributes grants to students and teachers across the United States to fund studies in organic agriculture.
- The Organic Training Institute provides educational events that help current and prospective organic professionals improve and grow their operations.
- The Bricmont Hardship Assistance Fund gives direct financial assistance exclusively to organic producers, processors, and handlers who suffer losses due to extreme hardship.
- Consumer education campaigns that help inform consumers about the importance of certified organic products.
Matt Seeley (left) and Tonya Antle (center) of the Organic Produce Network present CCOF Foundation Chair Allen Harthorn (center) and CCOF Executive Director/CEO Cathy Calfo (right) with their donation for CCOF Foundation at the Organic Grower Summit We Are Organic dinner in Monterey, CA.
The We Are Organic dinner brought together more than 100 supporters of the CCOF Foundation and the communityís collective work to advance organic agriculture. Secretary of the California Department of Food and Agriculture Karen Ross spoke about the importance of organic agriculture to California and the nationís economy. Dinner guests also had a chance to hear from two of the CCOF Foundationís Future Organic Farmer Grant Fund recipients, David Robles and Pascal Brooks.
The dinner set the tone for an exciting first Organic Grower Summit the following day. More than 800 leaders in organic agriculture attended the summit to hear from experts on topics ranging from cannabis regulation to investment in the organic market. The day was capped off with a sold‐out trade show that connected organic growers with a range of service providers.
For more information:
+1 (831) 423-2263
Publication date: 1/26/2018
Other news in this sector: