Job offersmore »
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
- LED strategic account manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India: Growers told to go for dual purpose tomato breedsA team of global tomato breeders from the Taiwan-headquartered World Vegetable Center (WVC) on Thursday visited the Agriculture Market Yard at Madanapalle, considered the largest in South India, and interacted with tomato growers. The team members also visited the tomato fields in Ramasamudram, Madanapalle, Nimmanapalle and Palamaner mandals.
Peter Hanson, a U.S.-based lead tomato breeder, who headed the team, was accompanied by Agriculture Market Yard (Madanapalle) chairman Ratakonda Gurappa Naidu.
“I appeal to the farmers of this region to go in for dual purpose tomato breeds intended for both processing industries and domestic needs. Though there is much demand for the processing varieties in India and abroad, the production levels are not encouraging. The World Vegetable Center will play a crucial role in guiding the farmers here in the direction of raising dual purpose crops. This will be quite economical and also profitable,” Mr. Hanson said.
Read more at The Hindu
Publication date: 1/29/2018
Other news in this sector: