Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Hyper-local cultivation: Restaurant integrates aquaponics greenhouse
- Can artificial intelligence do as well as farmers in the future?
- US (WI): 20 hectare greenhouse operation to begin next spring
- Village Farms reports net loss, cannabis production ramps up
- German market demands innovation in cherry plum truss tomatoes
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Aussies breed cukes and tomatoes for ingredientsAustralia Day is here, and it’s got the people at Abundant Natural Health thinking about the role that their Australian heritage plays in the creation of their products and the role that the business plays in the community.
"We’re proudly Aussie plant breeders first and foremost, and that’s important to us as it really does begin and end with the amazing vegetables that we grow and the ingredients that we source from this special country of ours", they write in a blog post. "We extract a highly concentrated form of lycopene, which goes into the amazing Lycopene Face Range, from our tomatoes, which are purpose bred at Sydney University’s Plant Breeding Institute at Cobbitty, NSW. Our cucumbers, which go into our potent Magnesium muscle recovery and relief range, are purpose bred to ensure high levels of targeted phytonutrients and combined with a highly concentrated form of magnesium, which is naturally sourced from untapped, ancient lakes in Australia. Our salt, which contains 10 times the concentration of seawater salt, and is infused with the juices of our purpose bred cucumbers to make our highly effective Salt Soothing Gel, is sourced from natural solar brines in WA. We’re really excited to have found the secret to anti-aging and beautiful skin in our own backyard.
"But we don’t just take the best that nature has to offer and leave it at that; we take these superior, purpose bred, natural ingredients and leveraging cutting edge research and technology, transform them into our powerful skin and body care ranges. Take our tomatoes for example. We work in collaboration with the best and brightest at UNSW and have adapted their Supercritical Fluid Extraction process; using CO2, which is non harmful or toxic, as a solvent under supercritical conditions, this advanced extraction technology makes it possible to extract the active lycopene in its purest and most active form, which we can then put into our products. This superhero ingredient, with its anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties provides relief from sun damage, sensitivities and irritated skin conditions, lifts and plumps, minimizes fine lines and wrinkles and improves skin texture and hydration."
Read more at the Abundant Natural Health blog.
Publication date: 1/29/2018
Other news in this sector: