Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
Exchange ratesmore »
LED, automation and crop protection popular at IPMOnce an event for the tree nursery business, the IPM Essen has now been mostly taken over by breeders, cut flower growers and also a fair amount of tech companies. The amount of technology suppliers meeting at the exhibition with their German and international partners, is growing every year.
The popular technique hall 3 has been sold out since forever and only small changes occur there. This year the second technique hall 7 expanded and therefore reaches out to quite a reasonable amount of visitors. Popular topics on the exhibition: LED, automation and crop protection.
The BLV team on the upper left, on the right Arrigoni presenting the new Biorete screens. Down right: HotBox / Cambridge HOK's Noel O'Leary and the four photos are completed by the Evonik participation, showing the UV transparency of their Plexiglas
Growers and suppliers from countries as the United States, Canada and even far away countries like Australia and New Zealand are participating or visiting the IPM these days and the building is bursting at the seams.
Currently the Messe Essen is being revamped. A shiny new entrance and two renovated halls have already been completed. And the veteran visitor knows they should leave home early, because the immediate surroundings make for one big gridlock.
We'll publish our complete photo report on Monday.
Publication date: 1/25/2018
Other news in this sector: