Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
Exchange ratesmore »
India: World Vegetable Center combats tuta absolutaThe World Vegetable Center (WVC), a Taiwan-based horticulture research forum, has embarked on the ambitious mission of putting an end to the menacing pest ‘tuta absoluta’ which is found to be affecting the large expanses of tomato farms in Madanapalle region, considered the largest tomato-growing belt in India.
The WVC scientists from its Hyderabad chapter have launched research into the pest, obtaining successful results in recent weeks. A Germany-based trade organisation is also involved in extending the logistics to the research.
The WVC scientists have developed a gel-like substance, which would be placed in the fields. The substance which smells like a female tuta would attract the male tutas in large numbers. Entangled in the gummy chemical, the male tutus will again find themselves stormed by other male tutas.
Read more at The Hindu (K. Umashanker)
Publication date: 1/24/2018
Other news in this sector: