Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: AHDB provides information for strawberry growersAHDB Horticulture has made available several publications that are of particular interest to strawberry growers in the UK.
First of all there's the factsheet, Tarsonemid mite on strawberry. This factsheet offers guidance on the biology and control of tarsonemid mite in strawberry. It provides helpful information on cultural control as well as biological and chemical control options including introduction rates of predatory mites.
With the report Understanding energy influences for UK soft fruit production, soft fruit growers can use lessons learned in the high temperature greenhouse sector to improve control over climatic conditions and reduce energy costs whilst maintaining crop quality and output.
Finally, they've posted a summary of the International Strawberry Congress. As well as commissioning research and development projects, AHDB aims to provide growers with information on best practice and new information emanating from sources outside of the AHDB. Conferences and symposia are typical such sources and the 2017 International Strawberry Congress offered a significant volume of information that could be useful to UK strawberry growers. AHDB therefore commissioned staff from NIAB EMR (who participated in the congress) to provide this summary report on key information presented at this event.
Publication date: 1/25/2018
Other news in this sector: