Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Vine-ripened tomatoes are a very neat sales gimmick"
- US: Controlled environment agriculture experiencing rapid growth
- CAN (NB): Extreme flood causes plants in nursery to swim
- New sensors and forecasting algorithms for smart agriculture
- "The reintroduction of industrial hemp is in full swing worldwide"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: AHDB provides information for strawberry growersAHDB Horticulture has made available several publications that are of particular interest to strawberry growers in the UK.
First of all there's the factsheet, Tarsonemid mite on strawberry. This factsheet offers guidance on the biology and control of tarsonemid mite in strawberry. It provides helpful information on cultural control as well as biological and chemical control options including introduction rates of predatory mites.
With the report Understanding energy influences for UK soft fruit production, soft fruit growers can use lessons learned in the high temperature greenhouse sector to improve control over climatic conditions and reduce energy costs whilst maintaining crop quality and output.
Finally, they've posted a summary of the International Strawberry Congress. As well as commissioning research and development projects, AHDB aims to provide growers with information on best practice and new information emanating from sources outside of the AHDB. Conferences and symposia are typical such sources and the 2017 International Strawberry Congress offered a significant volume of information that could be useful to UK strawberry growers. AHDB therefore commissioned staff from NIAB EMR (who participated in the congress) to provide this summary report on key information presented at this event.
Publication date: 1/25/2018
Other news in this sector: