- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
- Israeli cucumbers more expensive due to viruses
- South Africa: "The extent of farm attacks must be internationally recognized"
- Poland: Drought subsidies made available for farmers
- Data: what are the opportunities for greenhouse horticulture?
- CAN (ON): How cannabis is transforming the Tomato Capital of Canada
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Kimbal Musk predicts exodus from desks to farms
So it might not be surprising that he expects a growing number of young Americans to join him in the local farming movement.
When asked to name a big food trend looking forward into 2018, Musk said he sees millennials flocking to careers in agriculture rather than traditional office jobs.
“For the past 20 years, I think that technology has been a wonderful benefit for us in so many ways, but it’s not a very connected life. Social connectivity has really suffered because of technology. But we see urban farmers sell direct-to-consumer and be a part of their community,” he told Business Insider. “I see millennials leaving their office jobs to be in the urban farming community, because they get a connection back to their community.”
Read more at Business Insider (Leanna Garfield)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/17/2018 New facility to research the farm of the future
- 10/17/2018 US (OH): Hydroponic program gets boost from police department
- 10/16/2018 Urban farming during World War Two
- 10/16/2018 New vertical farming light bar/panel hybrid designed to maximize yields with less space
- 10/12/2018 Grow & Roll with vertical farms
- 10/11/2018 AI does food
- 10/11/2018 US (HI): Researchers help Waimānalo families use aquaponics, improve health
- 10/10/2018 UAE: Dubai South selected as site for Emirates Flight Catering project
- 10/10/2018 US (NJ): Strange-looking hydroponic farm at Forbes College is fully functioning experiment
- 10/10/2018 US (MO): Urban farming organization visualizes franchise model to produce fish and vegetables
- 10/08/2018 US (NY): Future chefs educated in hydroponic garden
- 10/08/2018 US (KS): Professor uses aquaponics to teach sustainability
- 10/08/2018 CAN (ON): DelFrescoPure announces partnership with CubicFarms
- 10/05/2018 Hydroponic farm as furniture
- 10/05/2018 Vertical farming - the reinvention of horticulture?
- 10/05/2018 US (CT): Students work hands-on with data analytics and IoT through aquaponics project
- 10/04/2018 EU invests 2 million euros to raise aquaponics awareness
- 10/04/2018 "Having little space is no longer an excuse"
- 10/04/2018 Be a part of Agrilyst’s annual State of Indoor Report
- 10/03/2018 Trinidad & Tobago: Aquaponic farmers get refresher course