- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
- International Business student looking for an internship
- Responsable des cultures en pleine terre pour le nord de la France - Northern France
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
CAN (ON): Province growing Northern Ontario's agri-food sector
Michael Gravelle, Minister of Northern Development and Mines, on behalf of Jeff Leal, Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs, made the announcement at the Northern Ontario Farm Innovation Alliance Research Symposium in Thunder Bay.
The Northern Ontario Agri-Food Strategy encourages businesses and communities to work together with the province to drive the growth and development of its agri-food sector and help increase local food consumption in Northern Ontario.
Developed with the input of agri-food businesses and organizations, as well as local and Indigenous communities, the strategy identifies government commitments to help grow the sector, such as supporting research and the growth of the food, beverage and aquaculture industries, as well as expanding livestock farming and soil mapping in the region.
Supporting economic growth in northern communities is part of Ontario's plan to create fairness and opportunity during this period of rapid economic change. This plan includes a higher minimum wage and better working conditions, free tuition for hundreds of thousands of students, easier access to affordable child care, and free prescription drugs for everyone under 25 through the biggest expansion of medicare in a generation.
“Northern Ontario’s agri-food sector supports more than 4,000 jobs, contributes $230 million to our province’s economy and is posed for future growth. This strategy identifies ways businesses, communities and government can work together to continue to grow the sector and boost economic development and job growth in Northern Ontario”, said Jeff Leal, Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs.
“The strategy released today will provide the foundation for a strong agriculture, aquaculture and food processing sector here in the North. By fostering innovation and strengthening these burgeoning industries, our government is investing in the new opportunities that will ensure Northerners are part of our province’s ongoing economic success”, Michael Gravelle, Minister of Northern Development and Mines, added.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/12/2018 Turkey: 1.1 billion USD exports from West Mediterranean region of Turkey so far in 2018
- 10/12/2018 Ukraine Jan-Sep 2018: Tomato exports down 29%
- 10/12/2018 US: California Farm Academy tackles ag labor shortage
- 10/12/2018 NZ food prices ease as lettuce prices plunge
- 10/12/2018 "Russian state subsidizes about 16 thousand agro-industrial investment projects"
- 10/12/2018 OVERVIEW GLOBAL PEPPER MARKET
- 10/11/2018 The roar of Russia’s glass bear
- 10/11/2018 US (NY): Brighton Farmers Market gets $1M for new permanent location
- 10/11/2018 Why consumers worldwide are eating ever-more snack vegetables
- 10/11/2018 Ireland allocates €6 million for horticulture
- 10/11/2018 Horticulture initiative focuses on nutrients: "Healthy food makes you feel better"
- 10/11/2018 Food waste in Poland relatively high compared to other EU countries
- 10/10/2018 China: Coriander price dropped 76% this week
- 10/10/2018 How France uses its land
- 10/09/2018 'Profit margins for root vegetables and cabbage specialties are getting bigger every year' '
- 10/09/2018 China: Machines will help Xinjiang farmers harvest chilli peppers faster
- 10/09/2018 World Bank concerned about Morocco’s economic outlook
- 10/09/2018 Turkey: Green pepper production and export figures
- 10/09/2018 Bad weather strikes southern Italy once again
- 10/08/2018 UK Department of Agriculture to recruit 116 border control staff