- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Jordan working with Turkey to solve tomato oversupply crisis
Minister Hanifat and the Ambassador discussed the possibility of improving the Jordanian-Turkish cooperation in the field of agriculture. He said that there are a number of agreements with the Turkish Development Agency (Taka) to finance the launch of projects involving the Jordanian agricultural sector, in addition to an agreement to open a tomato drying plant this year in the Mafraq area in order to deal with the surplus tomato production.
Al-Hanifat said that the balance of trade between the two countries tends to favour Turkey, and that the Ministry is moving towards the implementation of a new policy to adjust the balance of trade and reach a good balance between Jordan's imports and exports.
For his part, the Turkish Ambassador invited the Minister of Agriculture to attend an agricultural exhibition to be held in Turkey in early February accompanied by a delegation of Jordanian entrepreneurs and investors devoted to the agricultural sector.
Regarding Jordan's crisis, caused by the closure of markets to Jordanian agricultural exports due to the on-going land border closures between Jordan, Iraq and Syria, and which has coincided with a tomato oversupply, the Turkish Ambassador promised to address his government to study the opening of a window to allow an increase in the volume of tomato shipments into Turkey and help alleviate the situation.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 Growers in Morocco and Spain moving away from tomatoes
- 10/19/2018 Florence squeezes supplies of eggplant
- 10/19/2018 No more EU fruit pickers for the UK
- 10/19/2018 US (GA): Michael deals $480 million blow to vegetable growers
- 10/18/2018 NL: Production acreage seeds and propagation material reaches record high
- 10/18/2018 Vegetable growers warn of possible shortages in new year
- 10/18/2018 "Strong market position for greenhouse horticulture with resilient vegetables"
- 10/18/2018 "Tropical storm Leslie does not cause damage to Spanish open field cultivation"
- 10/17/2018 Turkey: Decline in agricultural production areas in Kutahya
- 10/17/2018 Australian dollar dropping to lowest levels in two years
- 10/17/2018 Qatar: How the blockade has boosted food production
- 10/17/2018 US: Most agricultural commodities neutral to profitable
- 10/17/2018 Australia: Mother Nature knocks down Queensland fruit farmers again
- 10/17/2018 'Germany dominating cucumber market, more so than The Netherlands'
- 10/17/2018 Asian vegetable trial to determine market & production viability in Texas
- 10/17/2018 Price of Chinese greenhouse tomatoes increases as open-field tomato production season ends
- 10/16/2018 "Expansion in Spanish peppers and eggplants"
- 10/16/2018 Poland: Drought subsidies made available for farmers
- 10/16/2018 Production thins on imported calabaza
- 10/16/2018 China: Peppers in abundance