- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
New device that prevents load in pallet trucks from falling
The device relies on a manually operated mechanism that has the capacity to secure and stabilise the load on the corresponding pallet and ensure a safe transfer of the same.
"There is a wide range of means for the handling and transfer of cargo pallets, such as the classic electric pallet trucks or forklifts, as well as other manual mechanisms. In any of these cases, the pallet with the load is lifted by a pair of lifting bars that are inserted into the pallet, so that the load is not subjected to any type of lateral support. As a result, the load may oscillate or fall due to the inertias taking place while it's moving. Consequently, it would be desirable to laterally secure the load transported in the pallets, and to do so with means fitting the load's lateral dimensions," explains Carlos Margalef.
The device invented by Carlos Margalef has been conceived to solve this problem and is based on a simple, but highly effective structure. It reduces the time necessary to move pallets and avoids the need for help from third parties during the transfer to secure the load laterally, avoiding the danger that this entails.
"I developed this system for me at first, since as a worker in the sector I see that pallet dropping is very frequent, and it is a real nuisance, as well as dangerous. Seeing that it works perfectly, I decided to patent it, and soon it will be produced in a large-scale," he explains.
For more information:
T: +34 654 33 40 63
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/17/2018 Agriculture: Drones in the air - sensors in the ground
- 10/16/2018 Bell pepper year round with LED or Hybrid Lighting
- 10/15/2018 Will America's future farmers be robots?
- 10/15/2018 "Ultra-wide LED spectrum benefits chemical expression in cannabis"
- 10/12/2018 "Stronger crop and cleaner cultivation with oxyhydrogen"
- 10/11/2018 European seed industry, unanimously in favor of CRISPR
- 10/10/2018 "We believe in a co-creative approach within the greenhouse horticulture sector"
- 10/10/2018 Does it make economic sense for you to install grow lights?
- 10/10/2018 "AI enables cutting costs and streamlining operations"
- 10/10/2018 USDA awards funding for light and plant health research
- 10/09/2018 Climate cell on wheels helps Dutch growers with LED dilemma
- 10/09/2018 App prevents heat illness for farm workers
- 10/08/2018 Parametrization of aerodynamic and canopy resistances for modeling evapotranspiration of greenhouse cucumber
- 10/05/2018 Plastic-eating mushrooms aid in combating growing waste crisis
- 10/05/2018 "It is not necessary to clean the irrigation system during crop rotation"
- 10/04/2018 Research into various light spectra
- 10/03/2018 Havecon opens North America office
- 10/02/2018 ERP software gives growers full view of operations
- 10/01/2018 "Cooling tech increases lettuce growth 132%"
- 10/01/2018 India: Agri & Food innovation platform launched