- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- "The Emirates are an extremely attractive market"
- US (VA): Year-round greenhouse draws tourists' attention to family farm
- Vestaron appoints Ben Cicora as SVP Sales & Marketing
- CAN (ON): Aleafia’s 160,000 sq. ft. greenhouse retrofitting on schedule
- SFAEA calls on members to participate in 2018 Horti China
Top 5 -last week
East-West Seed appoints new chairman of the board
"I'm greatly inspired to take up this role, with the support of our members of the supervisory board (SB), our dynamic and forward-looking board of management (BOM), dedicated managers and all our 5,000 professional and hard-working staff around the world," said Ard Groot.
"I am happy to build on the legacy that my father Simon worked so persistently to create. We have come a long way in the last 35 years. Since our humble beginnings, we have established strong and mature companies in many countries. Innovation leading to improved vegetable crops with better yield and quality is now fully accepted and appreciated by farmers."
Ard's appointment upholds the stability and continuity of the family ownership of the business, which the board considers crucial to sustaining East-West Seed's long-term vision. He served as Vice Chairman of the Board since 2012.
Longtime seed industry professional Douwe Zijp will take over the role of Vice Chairman. In his role Ard will continue to closely collaborate with the Board of Management, consisting of CEO Bert van der Feltz van der Sloot, Vice President Simon Jan de Hoop, and Vice President Michel Devarrewaere, who are charged with executive management of the company.
Founder Simon Groot emphasizes the company's long-term vision to serve smallholder farmers in the tropics. "It gives me a sense of pride to pass on the leadership of the Board to the new generation, ensuring that East-West Seed remains an independent, privately owned and most importantly, farmer-centric company. I am convinced that this is the best way to sustain our long-term vision. Serving farmers has always been, and will always be the driver of East-West Seed."
Smallholder vegetable farmers in the tropics are East-West Seed’s main clients. Photo by Lysette Lacambra
Bert van der Feltz, president and CEO of East-West Seed, is optimistic about the company's future. "We remain focused in developing the tropical vegetable markets in Asia, Africa and tropical Americas. We want to bring East-West Seed to a greater level of granularity -- to know our farmers better and offer them innovative, tailor made solutions."
"Knowledge transfer, something that is unique to East-West, will continue to be our main instrument for farmer development and market stimulation. We will develop further as a robust organization of talented seed professionals working together as one team, passionate about our mission. Ard Groot's leadership of the supervisory board is essential in this process of expansion and organizational growth."
The ceremonial turnover of the SB chairmanship takes place on 24 January 2018 in Hortanova Farm in the Philippines, whose significance as the birthplace of East-West Seed makes the occasion more special and meaningful.
The Supervisory Board forms the basis of East-West Seed's corporate governance. They perform a non-executive role and are appointed to promote the company's interests by supervising and giving advice to the Board of Management. The current SB is composed of Ard Groot (chairman), Douwe Zijp (vice chairman), Dietrich Schmidt, Ivan Chung, Rutger Groot, Joost Pekelharing, Johnny Santos, James Amatavivadhana, and Simon Groot (honorary chairman and founder).
For more information:
No. 50/1 Moo 2, Sainoi-Bang Bua
Thong Rd, Amphur Sainoi, Nonthaburi
T: +66 (02) 831 7700
F: +66 (02) 923 7794
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/23/2018 Aphria applies to list on New York Stock Exchange
- 10/23/2018 Rijk Zwaan pushes ahead with investments despite falling turnover
- 10/22/2018 FreshPlaza launches French edition
- 10/22/2018 Mike Allan takes the helm for North American business at Certis USA as Tim Damico retires
- 10/19/2018 The Star Group not getting lost in the weed(s)
- 10/19/2018 Google announces $900,000 grant to train Kenyan farmers
- 10/19/2018 Canada: Whole Leaf to come under new leadership
- 10/19/2018 DowDuPont takes another step in Corteva Agriscience spin-off
- 10/18/2018 US: Sugarmade acquires hydroponics supplier Sky Unlimited
- 10/18/2018 Italy: Cefla Group adds dedicated Lighting division
- 10/17/2018 Spain: Nazca private equity becomes majority shareholder of aromatic herbs company
- 10/17/2018 South Africa: Woolworths called out for ‘organics’ claim
- 10/17/2018 Europe’s largest retailer teams up with IBM
- 10/17/2018 North Carolina indoor city farm nears completion of Phase 1
- 10/17/2018 Toni Bucci joins AgBiome Innovations team
- 10/16/2018 Argentina: Tomato producers denounce obstacles to export to Paraguay
- 10/15/2018 Peruvian company Virú acquires pepper distributor in Spain
- 10/15/2018 Two new hires for Nogales grower
- 10/15/2018 Sainsbury’s UK: 'Brussels sprouts' and 'pigs in blankets' flavoured teas
- 10/15/2018 ‘Meicai’ app funding round generates more than $600 million