Job offersmore »
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
February 28-March 2, Vienna
Austria: Skyberries conference puts vertical farming in the spotlightThe international conference Skyberries explores the emerging topic of vertical farming for the first time in the German-speaking region. Successful urban farmers, scientists and pioneers meet in Vienna to discuss the future of agriculture. Skyberries is part of the Urban Future global conference – the organization expects 3,000 participants on the venue who are committed to drive change in making cities more sustainable.
More than 30 high profile speakers will present and discuss the challenges of food security and opportunities offered by Vertical Farming. These presentations will range from the status quo of research in vertical agriculture to science fiction, from sociology to economy, from science to realization. Participants can look forward to insights into realized vertical farms, economical aspects and socio-political dimensions of vertical farming as well as specific insights for their own companies.
There will be contributions by Dickson Despommier („The Vertical Farm“), Saskia Sassen (“global city”), Daniel Podmirseg (vertical farm institute), Franz Fischler (European Forum Alpbach), as well as representatives of FAO, Spread Farms, Vertical Harvest, Valoya, Sanlight, Transsolar and many more.
For more information:
Publication date: 1/22/2018
Other news in this sector: