Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Taiwan: Plant factory eases post-Brexit veg price pressureConsumers in the United Kingdom have been concerned that after they leave the European Union, they could face increased prices in leafy crops that the country depends heavily on other EU members for-- but they may find a remedy from a plant factory in Taiwan.
Resembling a space station, YesHealth iFarm is a 10-meter, 14-layer vertical farming facility that supports a daily production of 1.6 tonnes of vegetables, making it the largest "plant factory" in Taiwan.
Walking back and forth between rows of lettuce, crown daisy and Chinese broccoli, YesHealth President Winston Tsai (蔡文清) carefully checked his vegetables, along with the temperature and humidity.
"We are working with many British authorities to learn about their market demand, and they have faith in us," said Tsai, whose company will be the first Taiwanese plant factory to invest in the UK.
Read more at Focus Taiwan (Lee Hsin-Yin)
Publication date: 1/22/2018
Other news in this sector: